Diamond Scholarship Club
The Diamond Scholarship Club (DSC) is for Kappa Brothers only. DSC was created in 2012 to raise revenue for our chapter’s foundation. The primary purpose of DSC is for an on-going revenue stream to provide scholarship opportunities for youths to attend college, encourage academic excellence, support worthy causes in our communities and provide relief for natural disasters. Our main sources of revenue have been canceled this year due to the pandemic. The lost revenue amounts to a $19,000 shortfall. We need to come together as Brothers of AAYI to shore up this shortfall. None of us really knows how long this pandemic will last. We will award 17 $1000 scholarships in 2021.
The foundation is truly grateful that last year 43 Brothers donated over $19,000 which is a remarkable accomplishment. Our goal this year is to raise $15,000 or more. Whatever you were going to donate to the Women of Achievement this year by purchasing tickets or tables, Jazz and Jeans Concert and the DAPS Golf Tournament, we are asking you to make that same donation to the Diamond Scholarship Club. Your donation is 100% tax deductible. Our Scholarship Banquet will be virtual again this year and you will get a front row seat from your computer, laptop, or phone. More details will be forthcoming on registration for the banquet.
To reach our goal of $15,000 for 2021, we need 50 Brothers to donate a minimum of $250 or more and 40 Brothers to donate between $50-$99.00.
There are 3 ways you can make your donation:
1. Via PayPal or Credit Card: Go to the Ann Arbor Kappa Foundation website donation page https://www.aayikf.org/donate. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring donation if you prefer not to make your donation all at once. In the drop-down menu chose “Diamond Scholarship Club”.
2. Via Check: You can mail your donation to: KAPPA FOUNDATION, Inc., 23800 W. Ten Mile Road, Ste. 210, Southfield, Michigan, 48033. Make your check out to Kappa Alpha Psi DSC.
Click here to download a fillable PDF if you prefer to pay by mail.
3. Via CASHAPP. (You will need to create a CashApp account if you do not already have one.)
– Sign into your Cash App account.
– Click New at the bottom of the page
– Enter $ amount of donation
– Enter the following ID in the “to” field: $aakappafoundation
– Enter reason for payment “Diamond Scholarship Club” in the “for” field
– Click Pay
All donations should be made by May 1, 2021. Brothers will be recognized for their donations. The AAYI Kappa Foundation Executive Officers and Board of Directors wishes to Thank You for supporting our Diamond Scholarship Club to support our scholarship program and the tremendous work we do in the communities where we live.
© 2021 The Kappa Foundation